Grammar Writing Handbook, Grade 1-6
Publisher: Scott Foresman | 2004 | ISBN: (see list under cut, 6 books) | English | File type: PDF | 959 pages | 19.21 mb
These Grammar and Writing Handbooks are part of the Scott Foresman reading program. They include workbook pages, and are intended for first through sixth grades.1. Grade 1 | 2004 | ISBN-10: 032807537X | ISBN-13: 978 0328075379 | 159 pages
2. Grade 2 | 2004 | ISBN-10: 0328075388 | ISBN-13: 978 0328075386 | 160 pages
3. Grade 3 | 2004 | ISBN-10: 0328075396 | ISBN-13: 978 0328075393 | 160 pages
4. Grade 4 | 2004 | ISBN-10: 032807540X | ISBN-13: 978 0328075409 | 160 pages
5. Grade 5 | 2004 | ISBN-10: 0328075418 | ISBN-13: 978 0328075416 | 160 pages
6. Grade 6 | 2004 | ISBN-10: 0328075418 | ISBN-13: 978 0328075416 | 160 pagesThe books are broken down into lesson-sized sections. The lessons are written in a large font with black and white graphics included.
The following is not a complete list of topics, but just a few examples to give you an idea of what the books contain:
Unit 1: Sentences, subjects predicates, questions and statements, commands and exclamations, writing personal narratives, and more.
Unit 2: Nouns, singular and plural, possessive nouns, common and proper nouns, writing descriptive essays, and more.
Unit 3: Verbs, verb tenses, irregular verbs, choosing correct verbs, writing compare and contrasting essays, and more.
Unit 4: Adjectives and adverbs, comparative and superlative adjectives, contractions, writing How-to Reports, and more.
Unit 5: Pronouns, subject and object pronouns, possessive pronouns, conjunctions, writing a summary, and more.
Unit 6: Writing with style, using compound sentences to improve style, using commas, quotations, subject-verb agreement, writing persuasive works, and more.